The Fondazione is pursuing partnerships on one hand with institutions in Italy, the EU and internationally as sources of technology and financing, and on the other with organizations in Low-Income Countries to pursue development and availability of new needed vaccines ensuring the correct use of those already available in the communities struck by endemic poverty.
More specifically, the Fondazione aims to gather incentives for the R&D of innovative technologies for vaccination by supporting and promoting:
- R&D activities with third-party organizations that:
- are centers of excellence for the development of neglected vaccines,
- present a competitive advantage in favor of Low-Income Countries,
- have an excellent cost/efficacy ratio in their activity,
- are interested in carrying out these activities for humanitarian reasons,
- its own projects, even if carried out by third parties,
- public or private institutions oriented to R&D.
The Fondazione Achille Sclavo carries out its role of coordination and organization by adapting “Collective Impact” partnerships to the non-profit field. The Collective Impact consists in satisfying the requests of the public health systems in need by partnering public and private organizations in a series of actions in those areas where each organization is capable of making the greatest contribution possible while at the same time reaching its own objectives. This is done through the creation of shared values, which involves not only coordinating and leading an initiative, but more exactly implementing a series of elements which reinforce the shared objectives of the partners and significantly increase the probability of success of a complex project.