The Fondazione Achille Sclavo has been granted by the Scientific Committee of Coalition against Typhoid an oral presentation (and a travel award) to present the S-AFRIVAC project at the 11th International Conference on Typhoid and Other invasive Salmonelloses, taking place on March 26-28, 2019 in Hanoi (Vietnam).
Every two years, the conference aims to address the global burden of typhoid, paratyphoid and invasive non-typhoidal Salmonella (iNTS) disease and their antimicrobial resistance sharing the newest findings in bacterial genomics, immune response, disease burden surveillance, vaccine development, introduction of novel vaccines and policies.
With the theme “Global Action for Local Impact,” the conference aims to invigorate and coordinate the global response to typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses by:
- Advancing the knowledge base through disseminating new data on typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses
- Sharing and promoting best practices and strategies in the prevention and control of typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses
- Catalyzing the uptake and roll-out of the new typhoid conjugate vaccine
- Equipping participants with tools to contribute to national, regional and global advocacy efforts in the fight against typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses
- Fostering partnerships across sectors and regions to strengthen prevention and control efforts for typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses.
The conference theme “From Evidence to Action” is timely as the global health community prepares for the introduction of new typhoid conjugate vaccines. Here is available the press release by the Coalition against Typhoid.
Today we are very enthusiastic to contribute with our iNTS project to fight against this disease!